Best Fare Tips
Yes, flying to Hawaii can be quite expensive. But here are some tips for getting the best fares:
- Consider flying in low season, which is basically from Oct 1 through mid December. Airfares should be generally cheapest then.
- Usually the cheapest days to fly are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- If you are fairly close to more than one airport, then check each when shopping.
- Major airlines have deal emails you can sign up for. Go to the website of all the airlines that fly from your airport(s) and sign up.
- Monitor AirFareWatchdog's website for deals to Kahului, Maui, Hawaii from your local airports. You may sign up with them for email alerts for new flight deals as they are announced.
- Sign up for Kayak price alerts here.
- Get an Alaska Airlines Visa card here. It has a $99 companion fare that can be used once per year and it can be used to fly to Hawaii. This is one of the best deals going.
- Try each of the major airfare websites: Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz.